If you run a large scale food processing operation, then dry ice blasting may be the perfect way to keep your equipment clean. This cleaning method is not only effective but clean and environmentally friendly. Many industries use dry ice blasting for equipment cleaning because of its conventional benefits. Continue reading to learn more about dry ice blasting and its benefits for your food processing business.
How Dry Ice Blasting Works
Many people compare dry ice blasting to sandblasting, but with dry ice instead of sand. Blasters use CO2 pellets to quickly freeze the surface contaminants, break them apart, and blow them away. The CO2 returns to a gas form and dissipates. The dirt and debris usually fall to the ground. You can sweep, mop or vacuum it up for disposal.
Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting In Food Processing
Dry ice blasting has several benefits when compared to sandblasting or power washing. Here are just six of those benefits.
1. Quick and Efficient. Dry ice blasting works quickly without as much mess as other types of cleaning. Plus, you don't have to wait for the equipment to dry as there is no water involved.
2. Clean and Safe. Dry ice is clean and safe for most applications and locations with good ventilation. You won't be exposed to solvents and chemicals that could cause health problems. It is also non-conductive, so it is safe around electrical connections.
3. Non-Abrasive. Unlike other cleaning methods, dry ice blasting does not etch or scratch your surfaces. This benefit is critical when you are dealing with equipment that can malfunction with the smallest chip or rough spot.
4. No Contamination Issues. Dry ice blasting does not contaminate food. You can immediately start up production after completing the cleaning process.
5. Environmentally Friendly. Because dry ice blasting does not use contaminants, you don't have to worry about pollution. In addition, the CO2 used in the process often comes from recapturing it from industrial uses. So, you won't be adding extra CO2 into the atmosphere. However, you may want to ensure adequate ventilation.
6. Effective Against Bacteria. Dry ice blasting effectively rids surfaces of harmful bacteria that could be transferred to food. Removing bacteria also reduces potential food-borne illnesses.
Dry ice blasting is safe and effective, especially for the food industry. It can quickly clean and sanitise your equipment no matter your business size or equipment type. If you want to know more, contact a dry ice blasting service for more information.